The Sunshine Blogger Award
Hello, hope you have all had a lovely week!
This weeks post is slightly different from my other posts. I was nominated by Mary for The Sunshine Blogger Award, if you haven’t already you should definitely take a look at her blog. Thank you so much for nominating me Mary, I really appreciate it!
The rules are:
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you and link back to their blog
- Answer the 11 questions they asked you
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions
- List the rules and display The Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post/or on your blog
Here are the 11 questions I was asked:
1. What’s the most memorable blog post that you’ve written and why?
I think my most memorable post has to be ‘Dear Anxiety’. It was the first post I truly opened up about my mental health, I’d spent ages working on it and I was really nervous about publishing. I’m proud of myself for taking that first step.
2. What would be the best advice you could give to a new blogger?
Be you. There are so many amazing bloggers and it can be quite easy to caught comparing yourself to their blog and feel that you need to change what you do but you don’t. Your blog is your own space to be yourself. Find your own voice and be you.
3. How would you describe your ideal day?
My ideal day would involve spending time with my family. I don’t care what we do because to me spending quality time talking and listening to my family is important. I love hearing my grandparents stories and having a laugh with my family.
4. What’s your dream destination?
I would love to take part in a conservation project with either sloths or saving the turtles but I would also love to go somewhere snowy. There are so many places I would love to visit.
5. What’s your favourite thing about blogging?
My favourite thing about blogging is the freedom to write about whatever I want without the pressure of pretending to be someone I’m not.
6. If you’re not a blogger, what would you be doing now?
I blog as a hobby, a way of expressing myself so if I didn’t blog I would probably spend more time on other creative outlets like writing more poetry or drawing.
7. What’s your favourite skincare product?
This changes all the time but at the moment I love using the Garnier Micellar Water.
8. What’s your very recent favourite post and why?
My favourite recent post is ‘My Bucket List’. It’s the first time in a long time that I have thought about the future and what I want to achieve. I enjoyed writing it and it has given me something to work towards and look forward to.
9. What’s your asset as a blogger?
This is a difficult one. I don’t think I have any particular asset, I just try to be myself and hope that other people can relate and take comfort in what I have to say.
10. What or who does inspire you to blog?
There are so many bloggers that inspire me, too many to name. But the idea that my words could comfort someone or make them feel less alone inspires me to write.
11. Do you see yourself blogging 5-10 years from now?
I hope so. I want to use my blog to help people and reach out them and I will continue to blog for as long as I’m still enjoying.
Becky- Stronger Together
Zoe- No light without darkness
Becca- missing in sight
B- The bits and bobs in my brain
Maud- My passion projects
Marie- Maries voice
Carly- All the gloss
Here are my questions:
- Why did you start blogging?
- What’s you ideal holiday?
- What or who is your biggest inspiration?
- Savoury or sweet?
- If money was no object what would you do and why?
- What do you enjoy most about blogging?
- Are you an early bird or a night owl?
- If you could meet anyone, who would it be and why?
- Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
- What blog post are you most proud of and why?
- What one piece of advice would you give (can be blogging related or anything)?
I really hope you enjoy writing this as much as I have. I can’t wait to read them.
Until next time