Ten Things I’m Grateful For
When life is difficult, it’s easy to get caught up in the ifs and buts. What if I’d done this differently? But if I’d only stuck it out.
A whirlwind of regrets and unknowns.
And it’s difficult to see all the wonderful things that are at our fingertips. The things that keep us going in our darkest hour- sometimes without us realising.
One of the things on my bucket list is it to write down what I am grateful for. So, on those days when the sky is that little bit greyer, I can look back at all that keeps me going and keeps me fighting. A reminder to myself that there’s more to life than this pain I’m feeling.
So here is the start of that list. Ten things I’m grateful for:
– I’m grateful to have a place I can call home, one where I feel safe and loved. These walls have seen a lot, both good and bad, and sometimes they feel as though they are closing in. But I’m grateful for their protection, for a place where I can be myself.
– I’m grateful for the happy memories, the ones that try to replace the bad. These are the ones I will pass on for years to come, adding to them along the way.
– I’m grateful to have a family who loves me and who supports my decisions, even if they turn out to be mistakes. My family are the ones I fight for and keep me going.
– I’m grateful for my cat and dog who show me unconditional love and their company when everything is a bit too much- even if they demand attention while I’m trying to work.
– I’m grateful for all the opportunities that have come my way. I may not have made the most of them at the time, hindsight’s a beautiful thing, but they have got me this far on my journey. I could be in a better place but I could also be in a worse one.
– I’m grateful to have friends that support me. Some are still by my side, others we have grown apart. But that doesn’t make me any less grateful to have had you in my life. Friends are the people you choose as your family and I wouldn’t have chosen anyone else.
– I’m grateful for the painful experiences because although at the moment it’s difficult, one day I will be stronger and wiser for this pain. It has shaped me but it has also made me see the world in a new light.
– I’m grateful for this space that allows me to share and express my feelings. Where I know I’m not alone and I won’t be judged. A platform that has given me a voice and allowed me to connect with so many inspirational people.
– I’m grateful for the good days. The days were I genuinely feel happy and at peace. These are the days that I treasure and hold close to my heart, a reminder that there is more to this life.
– I’m grateful to anyone who believes in me and sees the good in me which I can’t always see myself.
These are the things that keep me going and I wouldn’t be the same person without them.
What are you grateful?
Until next time