My Bucket List
This year I have decided to do something slightly different. I understand the appeal of new year goals and wanting to make positive improvements in your life. But I don’t want the pressure of setting myself goals to achieve by a set date. (Besides I know that in few weeks’ time I’ll probably forget about them and find them this time next year.) So, I have decided to write a bucket list. This way I can constantly add to and complete at any point in my life.
So, in no particular order, here is what I want to achieve in my life…
1. Travel- not necessarily around the world but I just want to experience beautiful places
2. Spend a night, gazing under the stars until the sun rises
3. Finish my degree- I don’t know what I want to do afterwards but finishing it is the first step
4. Write a book, because deep down I know I have a story to tell
5. Detox from technology, for at least a week, and simply live in the moment
6. Climb a mountain (not necessarily the worlds biggest)
7. Be more confident. I’m not sure how to do this and I don’t think it will be easy but I think it’s something that I will have to constantly work towards
8. Burry a time capsule for someone in the future to find
9. Take part in a conservation project, maybe one to do with turtles or sloths or maybe both
10. Start my own business. It might not earn me millions, although that would be nice, but I want to be my own boss
11. Experience as many sunrises and sunsets as my eyes are willing to witness
12. Learn to drive so I can be more independent
13. Help as many people as I can- I’m not quite sure how yet but I think this blog is a start
14. Do a colour run- I would opt for a marathon but 26 miles is a lot of running, plus a colour run seems more fun
15. Write 3 things I’m grateful for every day for at least a year
16. Learn sign language
17. See the northern lights
18. Go on a road trip. I want to go a spontaneous road trip with no destination in mind, just the open road, good music and great people
19. Learn to forgive
20. I want to be able to look back at my life and do myself proud.
Some of these are going to be more of a challenge then others, but there is only myself holding me back from achieving them and I have the rest of my life to do them. Here’s to living life to the fullest.
I would to hear what you have on your bucket list.